Reverend Benjamin and his wife Margaret. There is now nearly
800 living descendants."
Benjamin6 died January 9, 1855 age 73 years, 1 month, 20
days. Margaret, wife of Benjamin6 died September 20, 1843, age
5l years. Their graves are marked by a single slab. The cemetery
in which they are buried is known as the old Prairieton Cemetery,
which is located a
few rods east of the Richland County line in Lawrence County,
Illinois, and less than one half mile north of the Illinois State
Route 12. This cemetery has long ceased to be a burial ground.
It is badly neglected and overgrown with wild blackberry briars
and weeds. (Now on a knoll in the middle of a corn field).
Although this noble couple long ago passed to their eternal
reward, their descendants have multiplied over the generations
both in numbers and kinds of occupations followed.
At this point further historical records are included which
contain basic data about Benjamin's6 and Margaret's sons and
daughters and their families.
These are: Numbers to left of frame indicates the birth
in the family under discussion - 1st, 2nd, etc. The number to
the right indicates the number of the American generation.
Born-May 8, 1805, Wayne County, Ohio. (Since Hyatt is the direct
ancestor of the family being traced, see Chapter 10 for further
de tails )
Born-January 21, 1807, Wayne County, Ohio. Died-Sept 2, 1852,
probably Richland Co. Illinois Married March 1, 1827, Samuel
Haynes, Wayne Co. Ohio born Aug 28, 1805 Wayne Co. Ohio.
Isabel and husband Samuel Haynes lived in Ohio throughout
their lives. They are the parents of the following children:
(l) Benjamin F.8, born December 28, 1827, died about 1863, married
Harriet De Witt.
(2) Hannah8, born January 20, 1829, married William Beard.
(3) Katherine8, born December Z, 1830, married Jacob Saunders.
(4) Adeline8, born July 15, 1833, died December 27, 1866, married
John Berry, June l2, 1853.
(5) Angeline8, school teacher, remained single
(6) William8, born October 13, I836, married Marilda F. McDowell,
April 14, 1864.
(7) George W.8, born June 23, 1838, married Caroline Bowling,
July 7, 1867.
(8) Aaron8., born March 25, 1840, died as an infant.
(9) Atheliah, born JuIy 20, 1842, married John Hines.
(10) Polaski, born January 31, 1844, died January 31, 1853.
(11) Margaret, born August 13, 1846, married John W. Conour,
October 22, 1863.
(12) Francis Marion8, born March 20, 1848, remained single